- About OAT
- Our academies
- Becoming an OAT academy
- OAT students
- Work with OAT
- Get in touch
Latest news stories
Teacher of Science
Ormiston Bushfield Academy is a good school (OFSTED - March 2016) specialising in Maths, Sport and Performing Arts with the recent inspection stating:
• Relationships between pupils and staff are positive and contribute substantially to the calm and productive learning environment
• Pupils are making very good progress
• Pupils behave well in lessons and around school
We relocated to a new £20.6 million state-of -the-art building in September 2012, giving every student the opportunity to learn in an exciting and inspiring environment. The Academy is conveniently located close to the Cambridgeshire, Northamptonshire & Lincolnshire borders & benefits from excellent road and rail links.
Science is a popular subject and we are seeking to appoint a well-qualified, enthusiastic teacher of Science to lead the subject at KS5. A-levels are offered in OCR Biology, Chemistry and Physics alongside Edexcel BTEC Applied Science that will run for the first time from September 2017
If you are looking for a challenge, are resilient, driven and focused and want to play a key role in the future development of OBA, we want to hear from you.
The successful candidate will:
• Be an outstanding classroom teacher who can inspire and excite students about their learning in all aspects of Science;
• Be able to drive continuous improvement in teaching and learning within the subject, raising standards and ensuring student achievement is maximised;
• Have an ability to foster a lively and enthusiastic atmosphere within the department for both students and staff;
• Be confident in the use of systems and data tracking;
• Be able to effectively communicate with students, parents and staff;
• Be keen to make a difference to the Science education of OBA students.
• An opportunity to join a well-established department at an Academy with a strong ethos of teamwork and support, where staff are committed to raising attainment;
• An opportunity to play a key role in a core department;
• Ipads, laptops for all staff in addition to desk top computers in all rooms;
• Guidance, advice and support from a senior leadership team who want to make a positive difference to the science education of all OBA students.
• Flexible start date
The Academy is committed to safeguarding & promoting the welfare of children & young people & expects all staff & volunteers to share this commitment. Any offer of employment will be subject to receipt of two suitable references & a successful application for an enhanced disclosure from the DBS.
How to apply:
Application forms & further information about this post are available from our Website or from Maureen Roberts, Principal’s PA, by telephone or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
|Teacher of Science-Leader of Learning KS5-Person Specificiation.docx||16.13 KB|