- About OAT
- Our academies
- Becoming an OAT academy
- Work with OAT
- Get in touch
Latest news stories
Teacher of Science
Ormiston Bushfield Academy is a good school (OFSTED - March 2016) specialising in Maths, Sport and Performing Arts with the recent inspection stating:
• Relationships between pupils and staff are positive and contribute substantially to the calm and productive learning environment
• Pupils are making very good progress
• Pupils behave well in lessons and around school
We relocated to a new £20.6 million state-of -the-art building in September 2012, giving every student the opportunity to learn in an exciting and inspiring environment. The Academy is conveniently located close to the Cambridgeshire, Northamptonshire & Lincolnshire borders & benefits from excellent road and rail links.
Required for September, we are seeking to appoint a well-qualified and highly motivated teacher of Science to join our Science Department. You must be able to deliver high quality teaching across key stages 3 and 4 and the ability to offer Biology, Chemisty or Physics A-level advantageous but not essential. The successful candidate should have a passion for Science, be committed to raising outcomes and be innovative in the classroom.
This is an opportunity to join a dynamic Academy with a strong ethos of teamwork and support, where staff are committed to raising attainment. Science is a key subject in the Academy and an area we are investing in to improve standards.
Applications from both experienced & newly qualified teachers (we offer a full induction programme for NQTs) & visits to the Academy are welcomed.
The successful candidate will:
• Be a well-qualified teacher of science with outstanding subject knowledge;
• Be able to inspire students, using their enthusiasm & enjoyment of their subject to ensure all students reach their full potential;
• Be able to work as part of a team to raise standards.
• Personalised professional development;
• An opportunity to join a well-established & successful department;
• An opportunity to join a friendly & supportive staff at this popular oversubscribed Academy recognised locally & nationally for its continued improvement.
• i-Pads are issued to all teaching staff within the Academy;
• Free use of state-of-the-art gymnasium facilities.
The Academy is committed to safeguarding & promoting the welfare of children & young people & expects all staff & volunteers to share this commitment. Any offer of employment will be subject to receipt of two suitable references & a successful application for an enhanced disclosure from the DBS.
How to apply:
Application forms & further information about this post are available from our Website, or please contact Maureen Roberts, Principal’s PA, by telephone (01733 404345) or e-mail to email@example.com for more details, or to arrange an informal visit to the Academy.
|Person specification - Teacher of Science 6th April 2017.docx||16.03 KB|